Work in the media? Struggle with statistics? Stan's irreverent (and often irrelevant) review of the latest media reports, news and gossip may not help at all...
Stan # 61: Irritating thoughts
More than one in eight men with dependent children work 60 hours or more per week (to get away from the blighters?). 56% of women preferred greater flexibility in their working arrangements to longer maternity leave on their return to work following maternity leave. 37% of women and 46% of men want a job that gives their life meaning. They should read my desk top. What more could they want?
Hasbro, which makes the family board game Monopoly, is under investigation for monopolistic pricing. The OFT is exploring allegations that the Company has been keeping prices artificially high. Directors won't go directly to jail but could be fined up to 25m pounds.
Some thoughts to irritate your friends with:
- He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
- Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.
- A day without sunshine is like ... night.
- On the other hand...................you have different fingers.
- Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
- I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.
- When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.
- Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
- Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
- I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
- You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be
misquoted, then used against you.
- I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
- Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so
- Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
- It is hard to understand how a cemetery raised its burial cost and blamed it on the cost of living.
- The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
- It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end to end, someone would be stupid enough to try and pass them.
- You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
- Latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the world's population.
- The things that come to those who wait are usually the things left by
those who got there first.
- A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
- It was recently discovered that research causes cancer in rats
- I wished the buck stopped here, as I could use a few.
- I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright
until you hear them speak.